This beautiful full-colour coffee table book celebrates Zimbabwe Stone Sculpture – those who create it and those who honour it.
Join author Stuart Danks, founder of Stone Dynamics Gallery in 1986, on a journey through the fascinating history of this unique art form and its relevance today.
- Learn about the process whereby a piece of stone is manually mined with great labour and then transported great distances to be skillfully and lovingly carved into a magnificent piece of art.
- Find out about the various types stone that the artists use to express themselves.
- Discover the influence African art has had on Western art.
- Read about the artists who create the sculpture that continues to fascinate the world, and view some of their memorable pieces.
- Pore over the superb photography that gives insight into the resplendent art form that is Zimbabwe Stone Sculpture.