Building a house is probably the single greatest investment you’ll ever make. As with all big investments, there are also big risks – and losses – if you don’t do your homework.
This simple guide is aimed at helping you tick off all the necessaries that must be considered and attended to during a building project. It will help you avoid the pitfalls can that threaten to turn your building experience into a nightmare, and ensure that you get what you pay for.
In this book you will learn to:
- Price your project and set a realistic building budget
- Choose the right team of professionals and ensure that they deliver
- Make certain that all approvals have been secured and legalities have been met, including insurances to protect your financial investment should things go wrong
- Fully understand and negotiate a fair building contract
- Successfully manage your building project from start to finish.
* * *
“Whether you decide to build your house yourself, or you intend paying someone to do the construction work for you, this book will prove invaluable.” – DANIE HATTINGH, President of the Master Builders’ Association, South Africa.