The author, Dineshrie Pillay, believes that speaking is an art that can be learned, not a privilege afforded to an elite few. We are all entitled to use our voices to become agents of change in our personal lives, careers and societies. The key to achieving this is to believe that, within you, is a speaker waiting to be ignited.
As an executive coach and leadership consultant, something Dineshrie found common among people is the desire to be a conﬁdent and impactful speaker. For 11 years, she taught people how to present in public and in their corporate careers. In that time, she pursued her own journey of becoming a public speaker and became obsessed with finding innovative, educational and fun ways to teach and inspire people to overcome their fear of speaking and ignite the speaker within themselves.
In this book, you will ﬁnd a step-by-step approach to transitioning from a newbie presenter to an advanced or expert speaker. You will find detailed exercises, illustrations and action steps for every stage of your speaking journey.
You will also learn how to:
- create and present a talk that is impactful and memorable.
- “read” your audience and respond appropriately.
- create rapport with your audience and engage them from start to finish.
- use your speaking area, equipment, body and voice effectively.
- facilitate and answer questions from the audience.
- craft different presentations for different occasions.
Regardless of whether you are a newbie presenter, or a seasoned presenter looking for more advanced speaking techniques, the insights from this book will give you the edge for your next presentation.
Want to buy Dineshrie’s frist book The Contract with Yourself? Buy it here!