‘Mila’s Meals’ is a jam-packed books featuring a collection of nourishing whole food recipes and food ideas for baby’s first year (and the rest of the family too). Included are over 100 recipes all free from gluten, refined sugar, dairy and artificial additives.
‘Mila’s Meals’ is a call to action for every parent to be conscious of what they are feeding their little ones, providing a guideline on how to achieve this as effectively and effortlessly as possible. If you are a new Mama or know anyone who is; if your child has food allergies or intolerances; if you plan to raise your children on a ‘free from’ diet; or, if you would simply like to nutritionally educate yourself, then this is the book for you. – Alix Verrips, Chef, Journalist and Editor.
‘Free-from’ food is both delicious and nutritious – you just need to know the why, the what and the how. And that is what this book will give you.
- The truth behind common infant food fallacies .
- The why, what and how to begin your little one’s life-long relationship with food.
- An expose of what is really in that convenient, ready-made food and the affect it has on your child physically, mentally and emotionally.
- The importance and maintenance of gut health by feeding age-appropriate, easy-to-digest foods.
- Why not gluten, dairy and sugar.
- Essential nutrients, the role they play, and where to find them.
- A detailed ingredient glossary including superfoods such as moringa, baobab, maca and lacuma.
- Over 100 (mostly) uncomplicated recipes made with easy-to-find ingredients.
- ‘Free-from’ food basics for the whole family (bread, pizza, ice-cream, cupcakes & other sweet treats)
- A re-introduction of essential traditional foods & food preparation techniques (like sauerkraut, slow-cooked bone broths as well as how and why to soak grains).
- ‘Do-able’ meals for working parents – all the food can be made in bulk and frozen. Nutritious – even for the fussiest of eaters thanks to hidden vegetables and nutrient enhancers.
- A chapter on Soul Food because no amount of good food can nourish a starving soul.
COLOUR PHOTOS FOR EVERY SINGLE RECIPE!
Gourmand ‘Best In The World’ Award; Next Generation Indie Book Award (Finalist); Gourmand World Cookbook Award (National Winner); Reader’s Favorite Award; Living Now Book Award; International Rubery Award (Shortlist); London Book Festival Award (Runner Up).
Follow their journey: