We offer three methods of payment. You will be prompted to select your preferred payment method at Checkout. All credit card payments are processed by PayFast, a secure payment gateway in South Africa offering world-class security infrastructure:
- CREDIT CARD (VISA / MASTERCARD) (All customers): Your credit card data is used only by Payfast, a trusted South African payment gateway – it is never captured or stored on our servers. Payfast utilise 3D-secure and Extended Validation SSL with 2048-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this – the highest– level of encryption currently available.
- INSTANT EFT (South African bank account holders only): You will be directed to our PayFast payment gateway where you can make the Instant EFT payment. Your banking data is never captured or stored on our servers.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT / EFT (South African bank account holders only): You will need to forward us proof of payment. Banking details and who to send your proof of payment to are provided when your order is confirmed online. It is important to use the Purchase Order number as your deposit reference as this will help us link the deposit to your purchase.
Orders are processed and shipped within 2–5 working days of your order confirmation AND proof of payment if payment was made using standard EFT or direct deposit. If you paid using Credit Card or Instant EFT, your payment reflects immediately on our system and there is no need to send us proof of payment – your order will be instantly approved for dispatch.
NOTE: Refer to the Home page of our website to see if any holiday delivery delays are applicable at the time of your purchase. If so, kindly bear these delays in mind to avoid disappointment.
We currently offer four delivery methods (see below). The delivery cost is calculated when you add items to your Basket. To view the delivery cost, click on the View Basket tab. You also have the option of collecting from our offices in Pinelands, Cape Town.
To select a different delivery option at Checkout (if available) simply click the radio button of your preferred option. Your order total will update immediately.
LOCAL SOUTH AFRICAN DELIVERY is done using a 2–3 day door-to-door delivery service. This is the store’s default option. Cost: ±R75–R85 (up to 2kg); additional charges apply for weights greater than 2kg. The total delivery cost can be viewed at Checkout or when clicking the View Basket tab.
COLLECT FROM OUR OFFICES: Simply click the radio button in the Checkout cart to select this option. We will be in touch with you to arrange a suitable time for you to collect from our offices in Milnerton, Cape Town. There is no delivery charge with this option.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY with tracking. This is a registered parcel delivery service, with insurance. You will receive a tracking number. Your order may be delivered to your door or your nearest post office, depending on the delivery address supplied. Delivery can take anything from 10–25 business days depending on the parcel weight and delivery service used.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY without tracking. Parcels are couriered out of South Africa and to a major centre in your country, after which they are injected into your local postal service for delivery. Delivery is therefore only available to selected countries offering reliable local delivery services. Delivery can take anything from 10–25 business days depending on the parcel weight and delivery service used.
We deliver to the six regions below.
- Europe & United Kingdom
- Australia & Far East
- United Arab Emirates
- Southern Africa (Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland)
Delivery weight thresholds
When shipping weights exceed the thresholds set for this store (see below), your order will fail. Kindly email us your request and we will generate a custom delivery quotation for you based on the total consignment weight of your order. You will have the option of accepting or rejecting the order depending on the delivery cost. It may take 1–2 working days to finalise a delivery cost to your destination.
SOUTH AFRICA: Weight threshold is 10kg
INTERNATIONAL: Weight threshold is 2kg
Order and postage queries
All order and postage queries can be directed to us between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm (GMT +2):
- International +27 (0)21 531 1913
- South Africa 0861 234 256 or 021 531 1913
- Email us
Note: No orders are dispatched between mid-December and the first week of January.
Thank you for supporting our local authors and independent publishing in South Africa. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or would like to make suggestions to help us improve our website, and our service to you.