Banting sucks! Whilst many South Africans appear to have gone Banting crazy, the diet plan does not work for everyone, especially women over forty. Many good Banting starts come to a grinding halt and plateau, leaving stubborn belly fat that just won’t go. This is because Banting targets blood sugar and fails to address insulin directly, leading to disappointing results and weight re-gain. Improved insulin sensitivity will allow you to lose weight and reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer.
Banting Sucks shows you how to halve the carb restrictions of Banting with double the results by offering a lifestyle solution to correct the high protein intake that often follows low-carb diets.
The book challenges many aspects of Banting and other LCHF diets with claims such as the following:
- Banting’s major problem is that it does not properly address the causes of insulin resistance
- Insulin is a killer
- Skipping breakfast is the best thing you can do for your health
- Eating little and often predisposes to cancer and heart disease
Author, Dr Howard Rybko, offers practical solutions that are achievable, sustainable and effective. The result? A quality lifestyle that allows you to eat well, stress less, sleep better, enjoy a lifetime of good health and live longer. He also offers novel advice for those who like to enjoy a more physical lifestyle by demonstrating:
- Why less exercise is better for you and long gym or training sessions are wasting your time.
- How to exercise yourself thin
- How to build muscle naturally.
Whether you are a Banter who is experiencing problems with the restricted regime; a lover of carbs; or someone who is interested in the next revolution after low-carb diets, you need to know why Banting Sucks.