Buying products from our store
Why purchase products from this store?
When purchasing from this store you are supporting South African authors who have taken a leap of faith and published independently. Authors also receive more on the sale of each book through our site than they would when selling through most other outlets, including bricks and mortar bookstores.
Our credit card payment facilities are 100% secure thanks to added security such as Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCard, but if you are still worried about using your credit card online, we offer payments via direct deposit, EFT, Instant EFT (Internet Banking – South African bank account holders only), Ukash and MiMoney.
You will be prompted to select your preferred payment method at Checkout. All credit card payments are processed by PayFast.
- INSTANT EFT (South African bank account holders only): If you choose the Instant EFT option, you will be directed to your bank account straight away where you can log in and make the EFT payment. We receive instant nofication when this is done so no proof of payment is necessary. Note that we DO NOT have access to your banking details when you choose this option - we only receive instant notification from your bank that payment has been processed.
- CREDIT CARD: VISA and MasterCard credit card payments are processed through a secure payment gateway offering a world-class security infrastructure. Data is secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with up to 256bit encryption, with added security using Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode.
- UKUSH & MIMONEY Pay with your pre-purchased Ukash or MiMoney vouchers.
Delivery methods and costs
We currently use three delivery methods. The delivery cost (see below) is added to your bill during the Checkout process.
- LOCAL DELIVERY is currently done using a 2–3 day door-to-door delivery service. Should delivery be required to an outlying area, kindly contact our offices – 0861 234 256 – for a postal quote and sales assistance: Cost: R55
- INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY with Tracking is done using a registered parcel service, with insurance. You will receive a tracking number. Delivery takes approximately 7–14 days. Cost: R240
- INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY without Tracking is done using the Royal Mail postal service. There is no parcel tracking with this option. Delivery takes approximately 10–14 days.
Europe & North America: R155
United Kingdom: R160
Australia & Far East: R175
Africa & Asia: R175
Middle East: R180
Purchasing ebooks and other downloadable products
Only credit card and instant EFT payments are allowed for ebook purchases as all products are downloadable immediately on successful payment (you will receive a download link).
Order and postage queries
All order and postage queries can be directed to us at (Intl.) +27 (0)21 551 6663 or (local) 0861 234 256 (9:30 am to 4:00 pm - GMT+2).
Note: Our offices will be closed between the 19th December 2014 to 4th January 2015.
Thank you for supporting our local authors and independent publishing in South Africa.